Message from President
Glencal Senary Co., Ltd. was developed by Glencal Technology Co., Ltd. over the course of 10 years to produce biomass plastic filler with use of cutting-edge drying technology. Reduction of plastic pollution has become paramount in the recent years with ever-rising global plastic footprint. Various industries including chemical, food and paper manufacturing have attempted production of biomass and biodegradable plastics but to no avail, mainly as a result of high manufacturing costs.
To tackle this conundrum, we applied our RedoxMaster technology to produce low-cost bioplastic fillers from by-products including apple pomace, wood chips, coffee grounds and so forth. Our technology enables organic matters to dry rapidly at low cost and temperature without the need for carbonization nor oxidization.
Together with our business partners who saw great potential in the technology, Glencal Senary Co., Ltd. was established in Hirosaki city, Aomori-prefecture, Japan where it was tried and tested for its efficacy over seven years.
Glencal Scenery Co., Ltd. is a collaboration of leading companies with a strong sense of social responsibility and environmental awareness. We endeavor to contribute to the Sustainable Development Goals through this project by providing competitively priced, renewable biomass sources.
President and CEO
Glencal Senary Co., Ltd.
The meaning behind our company name
Following the patent of RedoxMaster technology, Glencal Senary Co., Ltd. was established as a subsidiary company of Glencal Technology Co., Ltd.
The company name Glencal Senary is derived from the Latin word “sēnārius”, meaning of or relating to the number six. “Sixth” sector is a concept actively promoted by the Japanese government. The term refers to vertical integration of primary, secondary and tertiary industries (1 x 2 x 3 =6) to achieve value-added in products and services through collaborations with a spectrum of sectors.
Mr. Masahito Nakaishi
Mr. Nakaishi worked as an interest rate derivative trader and a private banker at HSBC Tokyo after he graduated from Sophia University with BA in international laws. After leaving HSBC in 2002, he set up Glencal Co., Ltd. where he has been involved in investment, M&A consulting and IPO consulting and other management consultancy. He has been working mainly in the environmental business, medical business and automobile industry. Recently he has focused on the environment business, and in 2003, establishing an environmental company specializing in electricity optimization technology with his business partners in Australia. The company was rewarded the second fast-growing company in Australia by the Australian prestigious economic magazine, BRW. Through these achievements, he grew interest in the sustainable business and in 2012, decided to establish Glencal Technology Co., Ltd. which developed the cutting-edge drying technology, RedoxMaster. At Glencal Technology, he is responsible for key activities including technological development, marketing and management. He assumed the presidency when Glencal Senary Co., Ltd. was set up in July 2020. Currently, he has a directorial role in management and technological development.
Ms. Masumi Maeno
Ms. Maeno started her career as an interest rate trader at the Long-Term Credit Bank of Japan (current Shinsei Bank) after graduating from Tokyo University of Foreign Studies with BA in Chinese Studies. She was given a Master of Science in Global Politics by London School of Economics and Political Science. She met Mr Nakaishi and Mr Kitasato when she was working at HSBC Tokyo as a trader and together established Glencal Co., Ltd. in 2002 after leaving the bank. At Glencal Co., Ltd. she has been engaging in international M&A advisory businesses, investment and consulting in environmental businesses. In 2013, she set up Glencal Technology Co., Ltd. with Mr Nakaishi and assumed the job of director. She took the job of director when Glencal Senary was set up in 2020. She is currently responsible for exports/imports, marketing, market analysis, management, negotiation with foreign partners PR, HR and accounting.
- Graduated from the Veterinary Zootechnical department of Nippon Veterinary and Zootechnical University
- Joined JA Zen-noh (National Federation of Agricultural Cooperative Associations), Production department.
- Chief researcher at research and development department
- Section chief at materials department
- Secretary to CEO
- Transferred to Nippon Milk Community Co., Ltd. due to merger with Snow Brand Milk Products Co., Ltd. Leader at new products development department.
- Founder and CEO of Suntaste limited company.
- CEO of Miyabi limited company
- Advisor to National Federation of Agricultural Cooperatives
- Executive officer of Glencal Technology Co., Ltd.
- Director of Glencal Senary Co., Ltd. In charge of sales.
- Graduated from the Department of Architecture of Meiji University
- Joined Recruit Cosmos Co.,Ltd.
- Started own real property investment business
- Joined Glencal Technology Co., Ltd.
- Executive Officer of Glencal Technology Co., Ltd.
- Director of Glencal Senary Co., Ltd. In charge of sales.
- Graduated from Waseda University, Faculty of Commerce
- Joined Fuji bank (current Mizuho Bank)
- Joined Norinchukin Bank
- Manager at Industrial Growth Platform Inc. (on loan from Norinchukin bank)
- Deputy Manager at General Planning Division, Norinchukin Bank
- Deputy Manager at Business revitalization Department=
- Deputy Manager at Norinchukin Bank, Naha branch
- Deputy Manager at Norinchukin Bank, Nagoya Branch
- Deputy Manager at Norinchukin Bank, Food and Agri Bsiness Planning Division
- Director of Glencal Senary Co., Ltd.
- Graduated from the Faculty of Literature, Philosophy course of Keio University
- Joined Tenant Far East Corporation (Steal Division of Cargill Incorporated.)
- Worked at the New York branch of Tenant Far East Corporation
- Vice President at Steal Division of Cargill Incorporated
- Account Executive at Juice Division of Cargill Incorporated
- Vice President to Cargill Japan
- Representative Director of Cargill Japan
- Controller of Toshoku Co., Ltd.
- Representative Director of Toshoku Co., Ltd. (also Controller)
- Resigned as Controller of Toshoku due to termination of the company’s reorganization procedure
- Food Asia Platform Leader at Cargill Incorporated
Corporate Center (Governance) Member
- Representative Director of Cargill Japan (new company name after the merger of Cargill and Toshoku)
- Representative Director of Sapporo Beverage Co., Ltd. and Executive Officer of Sapporo Holdings Ltd.
- Resigned as Representative Director of Sapporo Beverage Co., Ltd and Executive Officer of Sapporo Holdings Ltd.
- Chairman and representative Director of Cargill Japan
- Resigned as Chairman and representative Director of Cargill Japan
- Outsider Director of Glencal Senary Co.,Ltd.
After graduating from Keio University, Faculty of Commerce with Master of Accounting and Management, Mr Kuwahara joined TAC Co., Ltd which offers educational courses for accountants and lawyers. He taught accounting and finance for the students from domestic and foreign financial institutions, manufacturers, central and local governments.
He gained the job of teaching assistant at Nippon University, Faculty of Commerce in 2000, and moved to Ryukyu University in 2008. He is currently teaching as professor at the department of global and regional studies at the university.
Outside the university, he teaches finance at accounting training organizations, and venture business theory at JA management training course.
He joined as an outsider director of Glencal Senary Co., Ltd. in 2020.
- Graduated from the Faculty of Commerce of Waseda University,
- Passed the Certified Public Accountant Examination
- Joined one of the largest audit firms in Japan and was in charge of auditing manufacturers, retailers, and IT companies. He was also in charge of supporting IPO, financial audit and producing annual reports.
- CFO of a hardware startup company, in charge of financial policy, IPO, and HR.
Joined a middle-sized audit firm and was engaged in auditing IT companies, real property companies, and service industries. Also offering consulting service and due diligence of M&A, TOB, And MBO.
- Independently set up Eguro accounting office. Offers consulting of accounting, management, IPO, and M&A.
- Auditor of Glencal Senary Co., Ltd.
|Company name||Glenncal Senary Co., Ltd.|
c/o JA Aoren, 2-2-1 Oaza tonose, Hirosaki-city, Aomori Prefecture, Japan 036-8317
TEL：+81-(0)172-26-8258 / FAX：+81-(0)50-3730-3755
#20 Marunouchi trust tower Main Building, 1-8-3 Marunouchi, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo, Japan 100-0005
TEL：+81-(0)3-5288-7059 / FAX：+81-(0)50-3730-3755
|Capital||291million JPY (as of January 2021）|
|Executives||CEO: Masahito Nakaishi (additional post: Glencal Co., Ltd.’s CEO, Glenncal Technology Co., Ltd.’s CEO)
Director: Masumi Maeno (additional post: Glencal Co., Ltd.’s director, Glencal Technology Co., Ltd.’s director)
Director: Masakuni Sasaki (additional post: Glenncal Technology Co., Ltd.’s executive officer)
Director: Akihito Osawa (additional post: Glenncal Technology Co., Ltd.’s executive officer)
Director: Kenji Yoshikawa (additional post; Norinchukin bank’s Senior Manager to Food and Agri Business Panning Division)
Independent Outside Director: Hideyo Suzuki
Independent Outside Director: Prof. Kazunori Kuwabara (additional post: Professor of Department of Industrial Management of Ryukyu University)
Advisor: Noburo Kitasato (additional post: KITASATO Research & Development Co., Ltd.’s CEO)
Auditor: Takashi Eguro (CPA, Eguro public accounting firm director)
|Our Business Partners||Tekken Corporation (Japan Railway’s construction company)
UPR Corpotaion (The second largest rental pallet company in Japan)
JA (Japan Agricultural Cooperatives) group companies
Japan Foods Inspection Corporation (JFIC)